The Narcotics Division provides services for:
- The analysis of seized substances relating to possession and trafficking of dangerous drugs.
- Investigation of clandestine laboratories.
- Drug profiling
Functions and Expertise of the Narcotics Division
The Narcotics Division comprises three sections which are the Plant Based Drug Section, Opiates Drug Section and Synthetic Drug Section.
The functions of the Narcotics Division are :
1. To examine and analyze:
- drugs controlled under the Dangerous Drugs Act (DDA) 1952.
- chemicals which may be used in illicit drug manufacturing.
- paraphernalia used for drug administration or manufacture.
- personal items including clothing, swabs and nail clippings so as to adduce contact evidence by way of drug transfer.
2. To carry out examination of suspected illicit drug manufacturing premises.
Director of Narcotics Division,
Forensic Science Analysis Centre,
Department of Chemistry Malaysia
46661 Petaling Jaya
Phone No.: +6 03 – 7985 3831
Fax No: +6 03 – 7958 1173