info blue green red info back decreasefont increasefont back
facebook twitter youtube instagram rss

History

 

1885

Setting up of Analytical Laboratory in Singapore.

1909
Setting up of Analytical Laboratory of The Straits Settlements in Penang.
1946

The Formation of the Department of Chemistry with the amalgamation of the Straits Settlements’ Laboratory in Penang and Colony of Singapore , the Chemical Division of the Institute for Medical Research(IMR) and the Trade and Customs Laboratory

1957
Establishment of the DOC Headquarters Laboratory in Petaling Jaya on October 1957
1960
Establishment of the DOC, Federation of Malaya after separation from Singapore
1963

Became the Department of Chemistry, Malaysia(DOC) with the incorporation of the Analytical laboratory of Sarawak State Government.

1964
Official opening of DOC, Kuching Sarawak Branch on 18 May 1964
1971

Official opening of DOC, Terengganu Branch on 26 August 1971

1972
Official opening of DOC Johore Branch on 29 April 1972
1975
Official opening of DOC, Perak branch on 19 August 1975
1977

Official opening of DOC Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Branch on 9 July 1977

1986

Official opening of DOC Pahang Branch on 15 April 1986.

1992
Official opening of new building of DOC Johor Branch on 30 April 1992.
1992

Official opening of new building known as Forensic Science Centre at DOC Headquarters , Petaling Jaya on 06 Oktober 1992.

1994

Official opening of Forensic DNA Analysis Laboratory at Forensic Science Centre DOC Headquarters , Petaling Jaya on 17 November 1994.

2000
Official opening of new building of DOC Perak Branch on 08 May 2000
2000
Official opening of new building of DOC Sabah Branch on 21 July 2000.
2000
Official opening of new building of DOC Kuching, Sarawak Branch on 19 September 2000.
2001

Official opening of new DOC Malacca Branch on 09 April 2001.

2003

Official opening of new building known as Main building DOC Headquarters, Petaling Jaya on 24 March 2003

2003

Official opening of new DNA Bacteria & Virus analysis Laboratory at Main building DOC Headquarters on 24 March 2003

 

Updated: July 26, 2016 at 7:45 am