Animal Wildlife DNA Forensic
1. Provide animal wildlife DNA analytical services.
2. Assist enforcement agencies in the regulation of Wildlife Protection Act 1972 for Peninsular Malaysia and Wildlife
Enactment for Sabah and Sarawak
3. Assist the government in complying with the Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).
Types of sample received
9. Ornaments from animal body parts
Type of analysis
1. Species identification
2. Sex determination for animals (eg birds)
- Paternity testing for animals
3. Identification of geographical/population origin for certain animals.