DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY MALAYSIA
SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
The Department of Chemistry, an organisation providing analytical, research and advisory scientific services is committed, so far as is practicable, to the protection of the safety and health of its employees and authorised visitors on its premises. To fulfil this commitment, the management will, so far as is practicable:
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with legislations on safety and health including other relevant requirements.
- Ensure that the policy, procedures and practices are documented, implemented and maintained.
- Communicate its policy, procedures and practices to all its employees so as to encourage their active participation.
- Continually improve the safety and health of the workplace.
- Update the policy to the needs of the Department through periodic review of the Occupational Health and Safety System.
- Relevant Act / Regulation
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994.
- Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Committee) Regulations 1996.
- Occupational Safety and Health (Classification, Packaging and Labelling of Hazardous Chemicals) Regulations 1997
- Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Officer) Order 1997.
- Occupational Safety and Health (Use and Standard of Exposure of Chemicals Hazardous to Health) Regulations 2000.
- Occupational Safety and Health (Notification of Accident, Dangerous Occurrence, Occupational Poisoning and Occupational Disease) Regulations 2004.
- Factories and Machinery (Electric Passenger and Goods Lift) Regulations, 1970.
- Fire Services Act 1988.
- Electricity Supply Act 1990.
- Uniform Building By-Laws 1984.
- Gas Supply Act 1993.
- Environmental (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 2005.
- Fire Services (Fire Certificate) Regulations 2001
- Factories and Machinery Act 1967 (Steam Boilers and Unfired Pressure Vessel) Regulations 1970.
- Code of Practice for Safe Working in a Confined Space.
- Atomic Energy Licensing Act 1984.
- Dangerous Drug Act 1952.
- Factories and Machinery Act 1967 (Notification, Certificate of Fitness And Inspection) Regulations, 1970.
- Factories and Machinery Act 1967 (Fencing of Machinery and Safety) Regulations 1970.
- Factories and Machinery Act 1967 (Safety, Health and Welfare) Regulations 1970.
- Factories and Machinery Act 1967 (Noise Exposure) Regulations 1989.
- Our Contribution on safety in laboratory for scientific communities in Malaysia:
- Talk on laboratory Safety
- Publication on Laboratory Safety
- Advisory on laboratory safety
- Training for laboratory personnel
- OSH Week
Kemaskini: Julai 27, 2016 pada 7:53 am