Testing Service available in this Section are:
A) Textile Products
- Qualitative and quantitative test on textile fibres.
- Colour fastness test to dry cleaning, light, crocking, washing, water and perspiration.
- Tensile strength and tearing strength of fabric.
- Physical tests including thickness, counter thread and shrinkage.
- Hydrostatic head test to determine resistance of fabrics to penetration of water.
- Identification of coating materials by SEM.
B) Leather Products
- Identification and confirmation of types of leather
- Chromium content
- Fat and oil content
- Grain crack
- Physical tests
- Colour fastness to circular rubbing (dry and wet rub )
C) Halal / Haram Products
Analysis for confirmation of leather products and brushes from pig origin. These products are prohibited (haram) to Muslims. The tests/examination include:
- Chemical test
- Fourier transform Infra Red (FTIR) analysis
- Examination using Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and stereomicroscope
This service is offered to government agencies as well as the private sectors.
- Physical tests such as grammage, thickness and size
- Pulp identification
- Fibre content
- Ash content
- Identification of coating material by FTIR / SEM
E) Polymer, Metal And Other Industrial Products The analysis includes determination of compositions by :
- X-Ray Diffr actometry (XRD)
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) Spectrophotometry
- Carbon & Sulfur Analyzer
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
Kemaskini: Jun 7, 2018 pada 9:02 am