Capabilities of GMO Laboratory
1. Determination of genetically modified food for labelling purposes.
2. Verify “GMO-free and “Non-GMO” claims.
3. GMO Laboratory designated as the ASEAN Reference Laboratory for GMO testing by the European Union
Type of sample received
- Raw food products*
- Processed food products*
*Based on soy, maize/corn, potato, tomato, rice, wheat and papaya.
Type of analysis
1. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) method
– screen/detect specific DNA sequence(s) in food.
2. Real-Time PCR method
– Quantification of GM content in food products.
Kemaskini: Mei 30, 2018 pada 1:48 pm