CHEMICALS AND OSH SECTION
A) Chemical Analysis
The testing service provided by this Section involves confirmation of the identity and determination of the composition of the chemicals.
B) Analysis of Industrial Hygiene Samples
Industrial Hygiene is the science of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling workplace conditions that may cause worker’s injury or illness
Samples analysed include:
- Airborne Hydrocarbon
- Lead in Air
C) OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ( OSH)
The Department is the first government department in Malaysia to be certified with Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems OHSAS 18001 in year 2001. The Department offers expert consultation/ technical advice on OHS and related topics to other government agencies and private sectors:
- Implementation of OHS management system.
- Chemical Health Risk Assessment (CHRA)
- Monitoring of exposure to chemicals hazardous to health at work place
- Provide talk/briefing/workshop to government agencies, school and private sectors regarding safety in laboratory, chemical health risk assessment and management of dangerous chemicals/wastes.
- Classification, handling and legal requirement on dangerous chemicals and explosive materials
- Investigation of accidents involving dangerous chemicals
- Inspection and examination of local exhaust ventilation equipment
Last Updated on Monday, 05 October 2009 10:34